This collaborative installation piece, “Good for you and me”, uses 258 apples that were sponsored by W2 Media Cafe. The intent was to raise awareness of food contaminates and it’s effects on the most vulnerable people in our society, children.
Video projection begins with a children’s poem, “1 little 2 little 3 little Apples”
1 little 2 little 3 little apples,
4 little 5 little 6 little apples,
7 little 8 little 9 little apples, on my apple tree.
Munch little, munch little, munch little apples
Crunch little, crunch little, crunch little apples
Bunch of little, bunch of little, bunch of little apples,
Good for you and me!
As each line of the poem begins, a statistic of the dangerous effects of pesticides is revealed.
– Studies have linked high levels of pesticides to ADHD
– Children aged five and under eat an average of 8 pesticides a day. Pesticide exposure is found to increase the risk of Parkinson’s Disease
– Studies link high levels of pesticides to motor impairment in children
– Pesticides are known to be toxic to the nervous system
– Some pesticides are suspected of causing cancer
Is it good for you and me?
This installation challenges the viewer to make a choice and to understand the lifestyle we choose has a direct impact on generations to come.
Cat Pino – Concept and Artistic Direction
Brady Villadsen – Video Mapping and Content Production
Oliver Harwood – Carpentry
Michael Heid – Video Hardware Sponsorship
W2 Media Cafe – Site Sponsorship and Food Sponsorship
Karen McAthy – Food Coordination
Jen Castro – Site Coordination
Joffrey Middleton-Hope – Photography
Benjamin Feagin Jr. – General Direction